Welcome to The Bog

Starting modestly as a class assignment, and then forgotten I have returned with the intention of embarking on a major "wetland restoration project" with the goal of bringing The Bog back to its future glory.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Today I used my Iphone instead of my computer!

I had a monumental realization today, when I was sitting at the computer a couple days ago, as was one of my friends and we were planning on going to a movie that evening. When deciding what time to go we both simultaneously pulled out of our pockets our perspective smart phones, and looked up the time. Suddenly I realized that we both had chosen a phone ad app over an actual computer with real wireless internet. I cannot wait to see the developments that will continue to come in cell phone technology, such as the open user friendly DRIOD which has had some interesting campaign ad, which I've found pretty successful.

If you follow this link it will take you to Youtube, where verizon is using a interface on youtube that I have never see before. Once I clicked on the advertisement on the main youtube search page it took me a Verizon wireless home page on youtube which has an easy to use holiday themed user interface, featuring quality HD video, along with phone demos and Spanish commercials. Its similar to a page take over except well its only on driod ads. I believe this is going to be a growing trend it it very affective at getting users interesting and learning more about their products and brand rather than just quickly viewing the ad.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment